Amazing Accomplishments 3-20-17
- RHP Mike Appel, Central Connecticut St.: Apple fired a 9-inning no-hitter during a 2-0 win over Mount St. Mary’s. He faced three batters over the minimum and finished with three strikeouts and one walk. It was the first no-hitter at the school in the past 18 years.
- LHP Brandon Walter, Delaware: Walter struck out a career-high 17 batters during a 6-1 win over Penn State. He took a no-hitter into the seventh inning before giving up a single as he went eight innings.
- SS Jake Scheiner, Houston: Scheiner belted 6 home runs over four games as he went 13-for-16 at the plate. He also scored 8 runs and recorded 15 RBI.
- 1B Ben Fisher, Eastern Kentucky: Fisher hit 5 home runs with 15 RBI last week over five games. He also scored 13 runs and knocked in two doubles.
- RHP Jared Janczak, Texas Christian: Janczak struck out 14 batters and retired the first 22 batters he faced during a 5-1 win over Kansas. He ultimately tossed eight no-hit innings before surrendering a hit in the ninth as only two balls were hit out of the infield.
- OF Antoine Duplantis, Louisiana St.: Duplantis knocked in 14 runs in five games with 2 doubles and one homer as he went 10-for-23 at the plate.
- 3B Garrett Benge, Oklahoma St.: Benge belted 4 home runs with 11 RBI, 6 runs scored and 21 total bases during five games as he went 8-for-17 at the plate.
- RHP Eli Morgan, Gonzaga: Morgan pitched a 1-hitter against Pacific during a 4-0 win. He took a perfect game into the eighth inning as Blake Berry broke it up with a 2-out single. Morgan struck out 13 batters and didn’t walk anybody.
- LHP Thomas Lowery, Alabama-Birmingham: Lowery fired the first UAB 1-hitter in over 10 years during a 5-0 win over Western Kentucky. He only needed 87 pitches to throw a 9-inning complete game. He also struck out six batters. It was the ninth 1-hitter in Conference USA history.