Amazing Accomplishments 4-17-17
- C Brock Weimer, Southern Illinois-Edwardsville: Weimer belted 6 home runs over 4 games last week and collected 12 RBI with 6 runs scored as he went 6-for-11 at the plate.
- RHP Reiss Knehr, Fordham: Knehr struck out 16 batters over 8 1/3 innings of work and allowed only one hit during a 5-0 win over Saint Joseph’s. The 16 strikeouts were the most by a Ram pitcher since the 1956 season.
- RHP Robert Garcia, Florida International: Garcia fanned 14 batters during a 3-1 win over Bethune-Cookman. He didn’t walk a batter and allowed only four hits.
- RF Trey Harris, Missouri: Harris had a monster week as he belted 5 home runs with 8 RBI as he went 6-for-19 at the plate. At one point during a 3-game series against Kentucky, Harris homered in four consecutive at bats.
- LHP/1B Brendan McKay, Louisville: McKay had another remarkable week at the plate and on the mount for the Cardinals. Against Georgia Tech., he allowed only one hit over eight innings with 8 strikeouts during a 3-0 win. Offensively, he was 7-for-13 with 2 home runs, 6 RBI and 6 runs scored over four games.
- RHP Kyle Wright, Vanderbilt: Wright struck out a career-high 13 batters during a complete game 2-0 win over Florida. He didn’t walk a batter and only allowed three hits.
- CF Stuart Fairchild, Wake Forest: Fairchild hit 4 home runs, 3 doubles and collected 14 RBI over 5 games as he went 11-for-22 at the plate. He now has reached base safely in 39 straight games dating back to the 2016 season.