What’s In This Issue?
• Remarkable Navy Pitcher: Luke Gillingham puts up huge strikeout numbers with numerous complete games.
• Injury Prevention: Assessments are vital tool prior to starting velocity improvement programs for hitting or pitching.
• Lessons From John Scolinos: Lesson of 17-inch home plate is one that will never be forgotten by this Hall of Fame skipper.
• Ruleball With Rich Marazzi: Few know about special rules that are in place for injured runners.
• Special Tribute: Coach “Wheels” puts up save for San Jacinto College despite being confined to wheelchair.
• JC Notes: Kent Shelley captures 900th win at Johnson County CC.
• HS National Poll: Coppell (Tex) No. 1 at 18-0 in Collegiate Baseball’s National HS Poll.
• High School Notes: Legendary Sam Blalock of Rancho Bernardo HS (San Diego, CA) captures 900th career victory.
• Collegiate Baseball NCAA Div. 1 Poll: Florida No. 1 after rolling to 23-3 record.
• NCAA Div. 1 Notes: East Carolina, Monmouth play wild game that includes triple play, near no-hitter.
• National Players Of The Week: Pitcher throws no-hitter for Arizona State while Dallas Baptist hitter belts 6 homers, among other achievements.
• NCAA Div. 3 Notes: Salisbury’s Pete Grasso hits three homers with 9 RBI during 34-10 win.
• Andy McKay: Consistent, predictable performances can be achieved with ideal emotional state.
• NAIA Notes: LSU-Shreveport’s Alex Montero puts together 25-game hitting streak.
• Jack Dunn: Fear is one area that coaches should candidly discuss.
• NCAA Div. 2 Notes: Missouri Southern’s Jesse Rall goes on tear with 4 homers in 3 games.
• Charlie Greene: Solution to injuries is vital.
To purchase the April 8, 2016 edition of Collegiate Baseball or subscribe, CLICK HERE.