What’s In This Issue?
• CWS TV Audience Nosedives: ESPN has 25.7% decline in viewership over entire event.
• New NCAA Rules For 2017/18: Instant replay will be allowed for teams that wish to utilize this technology with certain limitations.
• Summer College Roundup: CB delves into all the winners for 2016 across the USA along with All-League teams.
• Bill Kagy: Here is how slow pace of game can be changed to a more crisp, enjoyable rate for all.
• Coaching Changes: Here’s a look at moves for head coaches and assistants across the USA during the past summer.
• Skin Cancer & Coaching: Nearly 13,650 deaths will take place in 2016 due to skin cancer, according to the American Cancer Society.
• Baseball Back In Olympics: International Olympic Committee adds baseball and softball to the 2020 Tokyo Games.
• Ruleball With Rich Marazzi: First basemen should utilize different strategy when receiving throws from pitcher or catcher.
• Special Trip Planned: Rice University will travel to Cuba this November.
• Perry Husband: Velocity is overrated as explanation given on how pitchers can be incredibly filthy.
• Lou Pavlovich: Concept of Effective Velocity explained by Perry Husband and why it is so important to grasp by pitchers.
• 2017 High School Rules: Each NFHS member state association will be required to develop its own pitching restriction policy based on the number of pitches thrown during a game to afford pitchers a required rest period between pitching appearances.
To purchase the Sept. 2, 2016 edition of Collegiate Baseball or subscribe, CLICK HERE.